× Bitte hier Probleme mit der Betaversion posten bitte immer mit Joomlaversion, PHP Version, und Version des Kochbuchs
Please let us know PHP Version Joomla Version and Version of Cookbook

Multilanguage in 4.1.3

• Merling
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #5243 by Merling
Multilanguage in 4.1.3 was created by Merling
Hi,

I am new to Gary's cookbook and have a muit language Jommla 3.1.5 site. I installed 4.1.3 (the last stable verion 4 does not run on Joomla 3.1.5) and created some recipes, both in German and English as separate recipes. I love this cookbook and want to thank you for this fine piece of work.

However I have 2 questions and some small errors:

1. If I wish to have a recipe in various languages, is it correct that I have to create it as separate recipes? That also means that favourites, evaluation etc. is separate for each language version.
2. The Intro text / article in options of Gary's cookbook can only refer to one article and I have to decide which language that should be. Additionally that article content appears on every print out. Is there any trick how I can make this multi language?
3. If a recipe picture is too big (1024 x 768) it does not load that picture in some cases, in others it does. With 640x480px I had no problems so far.
4. I noticed some field name errors on Carbon Hydrates / Broteinheiten etc. I could enter Kohlehydrate but it does not show up on print out and gets deleted.
5. Is there any place where I could find other language files for this version? I need Swedish and Turkish as well.

Again many thanks and best regards,
Merling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #5244 by Jens
Replied by Jens on topic Multilanguage in 4.1.3
Hello Merling,

find my answers below:

1. If I wish to have a recipe in various languages, is it correct that I have to create it as separate recipes? That also means that favourites, evaluation etc. is separate for each language version.

For this we use Transiflex
www.transifex.com/projects/p/garyscookbook/
here you will find a couple of languages that will be translated.

2. The Intro text / article in options of Gary's cookbook can only refer to one article and I have to decide which language that should be. Additionally that article content appears on every print out. Is there any trick how I can make this multi language?
I hope, I understand this question!?!?

You must use different Menus for the Languages.
In you Frontend you can change the Language with some Buttons.
Please take a look into the Joomla Documentation.

3. If a recipe picture is too big (1024 x 768) it does not load that picture in some cases, in others it does. With 640x480px I had no problems so far.

We know about this Problem and we will change this with the next Version.

4. I noticed some field name errors on Carbon Hydrates / Broteinheiten etc. I could enter Kohlehydrate but it does not show up on print out and gets deleted.

I will check this.
I think it’s a language problem.
Maby you can use for the moment the Overrides.

5. Is there any place where I could find other language files for this version? I need Swedish and Turkish as well.

See at Answer 1.

Best Regards
Jens

• Merling
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #5245 by Merling
Replied by Merling on topic Multilanguage in 4.1.3
Dear Jens,

thanks for your reply, appreciated. I still do have some questions below:

Jens wrote: Hello Merling,

find my answers below:

For this we use Transiflex
www.transifex.com/projects/p/garyscookbook/
here you will find a couple of languages that will be translated.

When looking at Traniflex these are only transaltions of English und Deutsch files. What I am after is 1 recipe where I have a German, English ... version. If it is evaluated in one language or recommended on facebook etc. I would like to see that evaluation on all language versions as a 5 evaluated is only dependent on taste, not on language.

I hope, I understand this question!?!?

You must use different Menus for the Languages.
In you Frontend you can change the Language with some Buttons.
Please take a look into the Joomla Documentation.

Let me try again. I had created menus in all languages which show the categories of cookbook in each language. As a start these pages show text from Intro Text field that refers to ONE article that I can select in overall Garys Cookbook options. This text is also repeated on all printouts in that single language.

We know about this Problem and we will change this with the next Version.

in the meantime I found out that this problem is related to file name length. It does not happen with addtl. pictures though.

I will check this.
I think it’s a language problem.
Maby you can use for the moment the Overrides.

Not a problem, I just saw it when playing with it and thought I give a hint.

See at Answer 1.
Thanks, that is where Transiflex helps

Best Regards
Jens

BTW: Ich könnte das auch in Deutsch schreiben, Englisch schien mir hier aber die vorgezogene Sprache zu sein.

Moderators: Merling
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds

GCB Finder PlugIn

GCB Random Image Modul

Multithumb found errors on this page:

There was a problem loading image 'tiramisu4.jpg'
There was a problem loading image 'tiramisu4.jpg'
Tiramisu (Tiramisú)
Tiramisu (Tiramisú)
Go to top