In this forum you'll find the threads about Gary´s Cookbook 3.0 and above with extensions. English or german possible.
<
>

In diesem Forum geht´s um die Version 3.0 von Gary´s Cookbook oder neuer mit Erweiterungen. Englisch oder deutsch ist möglich.

Français und Italiano

• Glub
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
15 Jahre 11 Monate her #2186 von Glub
Français und Italiano wurde erstellt von Glub
Hello Gary,

I am working on a french translation, will send it this week-end. And I will try to get an italian translation soon.

I have some questions:
- As I don't speah German, sorry, I am translating from the 2 files en-GB.com_garyscookbook.ini One file is from the backend the other from the frontend. Are these files the only ones to translate?

- I intend to build a bilingual site (french/italian) in Joomla! 1.5 with the use of some multilingual component (Joomfish when it will be ready, or some other any idea?). Will Gary's cookbook behave well and switch from one language to the other, and back?

- Is it possible to translate the name "Gary's Coobook"in the page Title (not in the footer).

TIA.
Regards

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
15 Jahre 11 Monate her #2188 von over
over antwortete auf Aw: Français und Italiano
Hallo glub,

I'm also looking for a possibility to create a multilingual Site with the Cookbook! I hope it'l soon be possible! :cheer:

Here My "First Aid" !

1.a Title: Create an Image with your Text (or your Logo) . In the Cookbook-Backend (components/garys cookbook/Settings/Introduction Design-> cookbook design) Introduction Design/Your cookbook logo: change, it to e.g.
http://localhost/joomla/components/com_garyscookbook/images/XXXX.yyy (your image) or use "blank.png"

1.b Cookbook Intro Text (change) : e.g. My Cookbook in Joomla 1.5 (or delete the Text)

1.c You may also want to change home.gif. That's also to find in the Cookbok header. (the book) or use "blank.png" transformed to home.gif.

2. There are only those two files to translate for the Cookbook. But I'm not sure that the Files included in the Package include the latest lines. Have a look in the Language Forum /Introduction.

3. If you're in the mood of translation, please also translate the few lines of the Module!

4. You get help on Translation and the Creation of Installation-Files if you look in the Language-Forum and in the Language-Theme of the Tipps and Tricks Forum.

5. Please Upload your translations Installation-Files) to the Language-Forum! It would be a great help. (Use the swedish theme as a kind of template)

over

• Glub
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
15 Jahre 11 Monate her #2194 von Glub
Glub antwortete auf Aw: Français und Italiano
Hello Gary & all,

The attached zip file contains :
- 3 fr-FR language ini files for site, admin and module.
- 3 install.xml files
- 1 remarks.txt file with some small bugs/remarks

Obviously file names should be edited before putting things in a package or a site.

Dieser Anhang ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um den Anhang zu sehen.

Regards.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Anhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

• Glub
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
15 Jahre 11 Monate her #2195 von Glub
Glub antwortete auf Oh!
I did not do the translation of the country list, expecting that a french version could be picked up somewhere...
So, tell me, where does the german list come from ?
I will then update the fr-FR files.

Mehr
15 Jahre 11 Monate her - 15 Jahre 11 Monate her #2203 von over
over antwortete auf Aw: Oh!
Thanks Glub!

>>>>>>>>
Site:
GUEST=Guest

Admin:
COOKBOOK PATHWAY=Cookbook Pathway
SHOW/HIDE THE COOKBOOK BREADCRUMBS=Show/hide the Cookbook Breadcrumbs"

Language-Forum:
Language-Installation-Files for French
Thanks Glub for the translations. (French translation : Alain Vallette)
<<<<<<<<

I'll use your Files to create Installation-Files and a French-Language-Theme. As described in Tipps and Tricks. I hope you agree and that you update those files to future Versions. Some lines are missing. If you translate them (above), I'll add them to the .ini files.

As I know, it's not possible to combine Language-Installation-Files. i.e. One Zip-File is needed for each Language-Installation. In this case 3 zip-Files! (admin,site,module)

Some comments on your Remarks! (But Programchanges are in the hands of Gerald. )

*** Title

Le Livre de Recettes de Gary <<< Please add an admin variable for this

>>>>>The solution is an Image, as I've described. I, though, support your idea for an Alternative with a Textvariable.

>>>> In the case of the module, it's not possible to translate the Title (Joomla-Standard!)

*** Categories list

>>>> I suppose you find two Categories created by the Installation. Change them or delete them and create your own.

*** Receipt view

>>>> That's the advantage of open software - you're able to change the Texts to suite your Ideas!

***Global
It could be useful that a clic on the book image links to the Gary's cookbook main page.

>>>>> Why not use the Breadcrumbs? But, why not a clickable image?

Gerald: where did you find the Country-List? I think you have even found more than the number of members in the IOC! :blink:

over
Letzte Änderung: 15 Jahre 11 Monate her von .

• Gerald
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Think Pink
Mehr
15 Jahre 11 Monate her #2204 von Gerald
Gerald antwortete auf Aw: Oh!
It is a long time ago no idea where i find the Country list. Any HTML Site in the Web

Moderator Developer of Gary´s Cookbook

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.241 Sekunden