Here we want to read your Ideas and Wishes to Garys Cookbook 3.X.x Of course also to everything around the Cookbook as the extensions. We need your Ideas to improve this component in a from you desired direction. The Ideas from the old thread are moved to this new Subforum. In this subforum it is easier to discuss and comment the ideas. Please open a new thread for each idea.Questions to the actual versions of course are written in the normal Forum as usual.

Your Ideas and Wishes

Mehr
15 Jahre 8 Monate her - 15 Jahre 3 Wochen her #2357 von over
Your Ideas and Wishes wurde erstellt von over
Own Thread!
Letzte Änderung: 15 Jahre 3 Wochen her von over.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: fredgourmet
Dieses Thema wurde gesperrt.
Mehr
15 Jahre 8 Monate her #2358 von over
over antwortete auf Aw: Your Ideas and Wishes
Moved to this english part.

illlogical schrieb:

Hello,

Thanks for this excellent component. Unfortunately, I can't speak German so I will have to contribute here in English. I have a few wishes for this:

1. It would be to have a template system that allows for separate html/css.

2. It might be nice to have an advanced search that lets people search by ingredients or something like that.

3. A categories module would be helpful.

4. Integration with cb is a good thing to have with this sort of user generate content component.

Thanks again.:)

Mehr
15 Jahre 8 Monate her - 15 Jahre 8 Monate her #2359 von over
----

My peronal comments in the Text! (over)

illlogical schrieb:

Hello,

I have a few wishes for this:

1. It would be to have a template system that allows for separate html/css.

-->> I think it's a problem to have a template within the Joomla Template. But would be nice. The css should be possible I think.

2. It might be nice to have an advanced search that lets people search by ingredients or something like that.

-->> I agree that some search functionality could be added. I though think that the search for ingredients works.

3. A categories module would be helpful.

-->> I agree. Should not be to hard to program.

4. Integration with cb is a good thing to have with this sort of user generate content
component.

--->> Sorry! I don't know what cb is!!

Thanks again.:)

Letzte Änderung: 15 Jahre 8 Monate her von .
Mehr
15 Jahre 8 Monate her - 15 Jahre 8 Monate her #2360 von over

illlogical schrieb:

Thanks for your really fast response. Cb is community builder, which turns joomla sites into communities like facebook. In a basic form, cb gives each user a profile, which has tabs that can automatically collate some of the users contributions to the site such as photos, contact info, articles or component specific stuff. The component specific stuff is done by creating addons that can be installed via cb and use its api. Thanks so much for the great component!
Mehr
15 Jahre 8 Monate her #2362 von over

linda schrieb:

Hi,

first of all I want to compliment you with this component!

I've a wish: it would be nice to have the option to exclude main categories which contain subcategories from the category list people can choose from. I will explain this wish.

My cookbook is divided into main dishes, deserts etc. The main dishes are divided into meat, vegetarian, fish and other. Also all main dishes can be subdivided. The deserts for example don't have this underdivision. When users want to add a recipe they can choose from all categories, including mean dishes, but I want this category to stay empty since one should choose from the subcategories!
Is it possible to make it possible to choose per category if this category should show in the list? Or is it possible to have the option that main categories with subcategories are not shown?

greetings Linda

Mehr
15 Jahre 8 Monate her - 15 Jahre 8 Monate her #2363 von over

linda schrieb:

I've a wish: it would be nice to have the option to exclude main categories which contain subcategories from the category list people can choose from. ....

You've formulated my thoughts. I think this must be the normal case if you use sub-categories. i.e. you then don't want recipes on the first category-level. The category-list should show the sub-categories with the main-category-name like in the backend but exclude the main-categories with sub-categories!

It would be very nice if this logic was added already to the 3.0.x Version!

Of course with a configuration parameter. There might be some others that want recipes also on the first category level.

over

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.245 Sekunden