Here we want to read your Ideas and Wishes to Garys Cookbook 3.X.x Of course also to everything around the Cookbook as the extensions. We need your Ideas to improve this component in a from you desired direction. The Ideas from the old thread are moved to this new Subforum. In this subforum it is easier to discuss and comment the ideas. Please open a new thread for each idea.Questions to the actual versions of course are written in the normal Forum as usual.

Your Ideas and Wishes

Mehr
15 Jahre 8 Monate her #2364 von over
over antwortete auf Aw: Your Ideas and Wishes
Moved to this english part.

krackerjax schrieb:

Firstly I would like to thank you for an awesome component. So far it works great with Joomla! 1.5 So far I only have two main wishes:

1.) I second the motion for a template-based system. I have been able to sift through the PHP coding and modify the look to suit my needs, however, it's much easier modifying template and CSS files.

2.) Magic quotes issue. I noticed under the "Introduction Text/Introduction design" section that if you type anything that has an apostrophe, such as "don't" it tries to escape it like "don\'t". For now I'm just not using contractions.

I haven't really gotten the chance to dig in and use it yet to figure out any more wishes.

Dieses Thema wurde gesperrt.
Mehr
15 Jahre 8 Monate her #2365 von over
Moved to this english part.

krackerjax schrieb:

1.) I second the motion for a template-based system. I have been able to sift through the PHP coding and modify the look to suit my needs, however, it's much easier modifying template and CSS files.

2.) Magic quotes issue. I noticed under the "Introduction Text/Introduction design" section that if you type anything that has an apostrophe, such as "don't" it tries to escape it like "don\'t". For now I'm just not using contractions.

to 1. Templates are a nice Idea! Did you see any Joomla component using their own Templates? I guess its a little bit hard to get templates working within a template-system (Joomla). As you know, you are able to use different Joomla-Templates on different pages. Now try to use Component-templates on those Pages. I DO NOT want to be the one that looks for problems in that an enviroment! For me personally it's more important to be able to even more configure the look of the Cookbook with parameters in the backend. But why not use some kind of CSS-possibility like in the configuration of Joomla-Modules. ( I though don't yet know exactly how to use this possibility)

to 2. : moved it to "Normal" contributions. If true, it's an error and not a wish/idea! I've made a comment there.

over
Mehr
15 Jahre 8 Monate her #2366 von over
I've got this Idea partly from an Idea described in the german theme. Instead of Basic Recipe, I would find it nice to have some links to similar recipes .... You'll find it on almost any Site on the net. e.g. Also read ... , Also choosen ... aso

over
  • Superpiet
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
15 Jahre 8 Monate her #2425 von Superpiet
Superpiet antwortete auf Your Ideas and Wishes
Hi,

First thanks fot this great attribute.

I would like to have a list of ingredients including a few languages and images. When you add a new recipe you should be able to select the ingredients out of the available list.

For the visitors it should be easy to know what ingredients it realy are that they should use.
Example: Dutch- Knoflook --> Inonesian-Bawang puti--> Englisch-garlic.

When the people klick on a ingredient in the recipe they should get a pop up with a image and explanation in other language.

Also a complete list of all ingredients in the coockbook should be available.

I think its a lot of work but thomething to think about.

Again; Thanks for all the work that is allready done.

Regards,

Piet
Mehr
15 Jahre 7 Monate her #2444 von over
Just got an Idea!

To personalize Gary's Cookbook even more, without having to add a lot of new fields to the Database, why not add a text-template to the notes-field or one new field.

Text free to change e.g.

Source:
Search terms:
Original Author:

aso

I know there will be a lot of other wishes, (e.g. option lists to search terms), maybe there is a possibillity to at least show a description of the entries.

Use some kind of XML?

over
  • peetree21
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
15 Jahre 5 Monate her #2536 von peetree21
peetree21 antwortete auf Aw: Your Ideas and Wishes
definately think this component should have the option in the backend to integrate with Community Builder component (www.joomlapolis.com).

The majority of community contribution components have this integration. I would think that when you submit a recipe it is assigned to you and so people can click on your name and get taken to your CB profile. Also, in CB you would have a tab showing all your recipes. So this means there would need to be a CB plugin written. I dont think this would be too hard to do, im sure you could simply have a look at anohter one as an example and just change the few things to make it work for Garys Cookbook.

thanks for your great work
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.259 Sekunden