Here we want to read your Ideas and Wishes to Garys Cookbook on Joomla! 1.6 - 2.5 Of course also to everything around the Cookbook as the extensions. We need your Ideas to improve this component in a from you desired direction. Generell Questions abot Joomla! are also welcome if the may interest any cookbook user. Please open a new thread for each idea.Questions to the actual versions of course are written in the normal Forum as usual.

Gary's Cookbook for Joomla 1.6

• tastebuddelights
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
13 Jahre 3 Wochen her #4183 von tastebuddelights
Gary's Cookbook for Joomla 1.6 wurde erstellt von tastebuddelights
Can you please give me an indication of when Gary's Cookbook for Joomla 1.6. will be ready. I used your application on http://tastebuddelights.com. I ran into some problems with my previous site that had nothing to do with Gary's Cookbook, when I tried to rebuild the site, Joomla 1.5 was no longer available and I was forced to build in Joomla 1.6. Your application is the only recipe directory I really feel satisfied my needs and at present, no one has one available in 1.6.

Only suggestion I have for the new one is to cut down on the "Gary's Cookbook" labeling all over the application. As the owner of the website, I constantly get asked who is Gary?

Outside of that, I loved the way you set up the Recipe Directory.

Oh yes! Just remembered, the only thing I thought when I used the recipe directory was, it would be great to have a built in metric converter available in the directory.

Looking forward to you responce.

Anthony Vieira Da Cruz
http://tastebuddelights.com

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
13 Jahre 3 Wochen her - 13 Jahre 3 Wochen her #4184 von over
over antwortete auf Re:Gary's Cookbook for Joomla 1.6
Hi Anthony,

Joomla 1.5 is still going strong and is maintaind. Link: see below 1.6
Joomla.org

First to everyone using the Cookbook 3.0. Please read the hints on Personalisation here on the site. You are very well able to exchange the images and texts including Gary on your site. The only thing not allowed to remove is the bottom link. In V 3.0.16 reduced to "Powered by Gary´s Cookbook V 3.0.16.0" Including the version number mainly for us to be able to see by enquieries.

To J! 1.6: We can't tell you anything about release time for a J! 1.6 version. As soon as possible or as Joomla! did for one and a half year "next month" isn't any answer. Now we have a more or less stable Joomla! 1.6 so we have started development. It will be completely rewritten to take more advantage of the Joomla! built in techniques, but still with the same functionality or even better. :woohoo: Personaly I'm very happy that we didn't start on any prerelease. You'll find a lot of extensions called 1.6 compliant but aren't. Be careful installing extensions. You should (must) have a testsystem to check it out. Anyone not having access to a test installation on a server may want to install a test system on a local Windows system. XAMPP is an example. Easy to install and manage. I use it myself locally. But be aware if something runs ok on Xampp it doesn't say there are no bugs on Linux!

And to you Anthony: Did you somehow migrate your J! 1.5 installation or did you start from scratch? Do you have recipe data you want to migrate from 1.5 to 1.6?

As conclusion: We really recommend Joomla! 1.6 but be aware it's not yet as stable as V 1.5 and third party extensions may lack of compatibility.

over
Letzte Änderung: 13 Jahre 3 Wochen her von over.

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Moderatoren: Merling
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.311 Sekunden