Here we want to read your Ideas and Wishes to Garys Cookbook on Joomla! 1.6 - 2.5 Of course also to everything around the Cookbook as the extensions. We need your Ideas to improve this component in a from you desired direction. Generell Questions abot Joomla! are also welcome if the may interest any cookbook user. Please open a new thread for each idea.Questions to the actual versions of course are written in the normal Forum as usual.

Google snippets

• Rali
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
11 Jahre 11 Monate her #4631 von Rali
Google snippets wurde erstellt von Rali
Is there any way in which google snippets can be used or included in a recipe? This would be a really nice function.

Rali

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
11 Jahre 11 Monate her - 11 Jahre 11 Monate her #4632 von over
over antwortete auf Re:Google snippets
Hi Rali,

I guess you mean the Google, Microsoft and Yahoo common microdata definitions to mark up a recipe.

For you who have interest: Rich snippets - Recipes

With the new cookbook version you will be able to override the output of the recipes and include this codes without changing the Cookbook "Core code". In theory easy. In practice not that easy.

- The output is rather complex with a lot of parameters involved.
- If you look more closely on the idenification markers you have to find out what is really meant and relevant to your site. If you use all the classification possibilities included in the Cookbook exension you might already have done so.

Two examples:
- there are 3 times defind. Preparation time, cooking time and total time. Cooking time probabaly sowhere betwean 15 min. and a couple of years. 15 min. for a boild egg (get an egg, warm up the water, boil for some 5 minutes.) Making an apple cider takes a long time, month or years, still being a food as I see it. Defining preparation- and cooking time is a lot harder. Personally I would use preparation time as the time the cook has to be present (working) and cooking time as the unattended time. To be more precise I would even need a fourth time - the waiting time. e.g. before you can eat a roastbeaf (cold, sliced) you have at least to wait a couple of hours.

- For nutrition, you have to have a degree in food chemistry to get it correct. Like calories, carbohydrate,
cholesterol, fat, saturatedm fat, unsaturated fat, trans fat, fiber, protein, sodium, sugar, serving size. Who knows what trans fat is? On what basis, per portion? 100 g?

Not all those values are included in the present version of the cookbook and maybe not needed. Or should it be possible to cover all the values included on any package from the food stores. In Europe also including all the E-numbers.

Well, in short I only wanted to say that it's not that easy to find a solution suitable for everyone. I think a basic coding to get a result on the search engines result pages should be possible.

over
Letzte Änderung: 11 Jahre 11 Monate her von over.

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Moderatoren: Merling
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.227 Sekunden