In this forum you'll find the threads about Gary´s Cookbook 3.0 and above with extensions. English or german possible.
<
>

In diesem Forum geht´s um die Version 3.0 von Gary´s Cookbook oder neuer mit Erweiterungen. Englisch oder deutsch ist möglich.

Multiple Categories

• dplace
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 9 Monate her #4342 von dplace
Multiple Categories wurde erstellt von dplace
I am trying to figure out how to get multiple categories to show up when entering recipes from the front-end. In the back-end it allows you to pick the category then chose categories 2-4. In the front-end I can only get it to allow picking one category. Any suggestions or information on how to get this working would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
12 Jahre 9 Monate her #4345 von over
over antwortete auf Aw: Multiple Categories
Yes, you are not able to edit more than the main category in the front-end. It's not planned to add this possibility.

Plan your category structure in a way that a front end user easy finds 1 correct category. More than this is not realistic.

e.g there is one structure example created by a professional cook to be found in the Help/Faq part. This could eg be extended with "geographical" categories. If so, we think an administrator has to handle it.

If you have any very good arguments we might change our stand.

over

• dplace
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 9 Monate her #4348 von dplace
dplace antwortete auf Re: Aw: Multiple Categories
Actually I need 3 categories;

Food category; bread, pie, cake, meat, poultry, etc.
Meal category: breakfast, entree, side dish, etc.
Prep category: pan fried, deep dried, Dutch oven, stove top, roasting, steaming.

If you look through any set of MealMaster recipes there are always multiple categories associated with each recipe.

These were copied out of real MM recipes
Categories: Fish, Dinner, Camping
Categories: Dinner, Vegetarian, Camping
Categories: Poultry, Camping, Dinner, Vegetarian

The ability to have the 5 categories (just like in the back-end) makes total sense.

Mehr
12 Jahre 9 Monate her #4350 von over
over antwortete auf Aw: Re: Aw: Multiple Categories
Hi dplace,

I know Meal Master. That was the reason for joining Geralds Joomla project back in the days of Joomla 1.5 Beta :). I was looking for a substitute to my propriatary Ms Windows solution. Mainly because I wanted a multilingual solution. MM is not, originally for english(american). My solution handled english and german. To enter recipes in my own language I had to use a lot of workarounds.

I suppose it depends on the used software what you get. The MM format became "open" a lot of years ago. It's more or less a text based format. I guess the 5 categories are allways free text.

The categories in MM are flat. i.e. only one level. In Gary's Cookbook you may use up to 3 levels (supported, more might be possible).

I counted my own categories entered by MYSELF after cleaning everything up --> 150!

I'm still open to suggestions

over

• dplace
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 9 Monate her #4351 von dplace
dplace antwortete auf Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Multiple Categories
But I think you are misunderstanding me. If you go into the back-end control panel and add a recipe, look at Recipe manager you have Recipe name, Alias and then you can already chose up to 5 categories for your recipe! All I want to know is how to get the same 5 drop downs on the front-end add recipe form instead of the single drop down.

Mehr
12 Jahre 9 Monate her #4354 von over
Easy answer!
We are not supporting any changes to the code.
If you, as I now suppose you already did, change the code in anyway you're on your own.

over

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.236 Sekunden