In this forum you'll find the threads about Gary´s Cookbook 3.0 and above with extensions. English or german possible.
<
>

In diesem Forum geht´s um die Version 3.0 von Gary´s Cookbook oder neuer mit Erweiterungen. Englisch oder deutsch ist möglich.

Undefined property: stdClass::$text

• ndekorte
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 7 Monate her #4437 von ndekorte
Undefined property: stdClass::$text wurde erstellt von ndekorte
Hello,

I've recently gained 'custody' over an already existing website. This website is based on Joomla 1.0 and has a version of Gary's Cookbook installed. I wanted to update the website to Joomla 1.5 and found that there was a new version of Gary's Cookbook for Joomla 1.5. Now I've installed the component and transfered the recipes to the new version and up until then it worked great!
But after adding the recipes, I started updating other portions of the website and I therefore installed two more plug-ins totally unrelated to Gary's Cookbook. When I finished updating the site and tried the entire site to see if all of it worked, I found that Gary's Cookbook displayed the following errors when opening a recipe:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$text in D:\websites\Wamp\wamp\www\Vuurtoren 1.5\plugins\content\jforms.php on line 41

and

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$text in D:\websites\Wamp\wamp\www\Vuurtoren 1.5\plugins\content\sigplus\sigplus.php on line 94

As you can see I am currently building the 'new' website on localhost, with the intention of migrating the website to the server once I'm done.
I am fairly new to building websites and all that I know I have learned myself, I know very little about coding, does somebody know how to get rid of these errors??

Thanks in advance!

Nick

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
12 Jahre 7 Monate her #4438 von over
Hi Nick,

nice that you upgrade Joomla and the Cookbook. What's the old Cookbook version? Just curious. If you need help with the upgrade we have to ask Gerald since my first experience with Joomla and the Cookbook was at the start of Joomla 1.5 / Cookbook 3.0. But you say all is ok.

The two messages are not related to the Cookbook. Does the Cookbook still show correctly? Since notice isn't a severe error.

You have two, so far as I know, non Joomla core plugins for content(=articles) from where you get the messages.

JForms and Sigplus. Deactivate both and the messages should be gone. If you need them and everything works you can set the Error Reporting level in the Joomla configuration to not show the messages. You should do that anyway on a live site.

over

• ndekorte
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 7 Monate her #4440 von ndekorte
ndekorte antwortete auf Aw: Undefined property: stdClass::$text
Thanks very much for the speedy response, the old version on the current website is 2.0 and that one works fine. As for the plug-ins, I disabled Jforms because I did not use it, but I can't uninstall Sigplus, because all my photoalbums are displayed through this plug-in.
And the error is displayed all through the screen, below the error the recipe is visible, but I can't migrate the new website with errors taking up almost all of the page. (I added a picture of how the error is displayed and as you can see it is displayed in the front-end.)
So one more error remains, I hope someone can help me remove this error, because I really love the Gary's Cookbook component!

p.s. If it helps, where in Joomla can I find the option not to display these errors?

• ndekorte
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 7 Monate her #4441 von ndekorte
... The image doesn't show.... I don't know why...
The error is displayed in a huge table, with a large orange header containing the error message and a lot of rows of containing the call stack, which has the following lines:

# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0006 697552 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0
2 2.1452 8851808 JSite->dispatch( ) ..\index.php:68
3 2.1506 9171400 JComponentHelper->renderComponent( ) ..\application.php:124
4 2.1629 9605712 require_once( 'D:\websites\Wamp\wamp\www\Vuurtoren 1.5\components\com_garyscookbook\garyscookbook.php' ) ..\helper.php:162
5 2.1960 11537336 include( 'D:\websites\Wamp\wamp\www\Vuurtoren 1.5\components\com_garyscookbook\views\detail\viewdetails.php' ) ..\garyscookbook.php:141
6 2.2713 12645440 require_once( 'D:\websites\Wamp\wamp\www\Vuurtoren 1.5\components\com_garyscookbook\views\detail\tmpl\detailview.php' ) ..\viewdetails.php:209
7 2.3054 14685904 JApplication->triggerEvent( ) ..\detailview.php:53
8 2.3054 14685952 JDispatcher->trigger( ) ..\application.php:500
9 2.3055 14686744 JEvent->update( ) ..\dispatcher.php:170
10 2.3055 14687520 call_user_func_array ( ) ..\event.php:67
11 2.3055 14687560 plgContentSIGPlus->onPrepareContent( ) ..\event.php:0
12 2.3055 14687656 plgContentSIGPlus->onContentPrepare( ) ..\sigplus.php:79

I hope someone can help!

• ndekorte
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 7 Monate her #4442 von ndekorte
I have found the error display setting in the Joomla configuration, but even when it is set to 'none' the error message is still displayed....

Mehr
12 Jahre 7 Monate her #4444 von over
Hi,
what you should do is to disable the sigplus plugin and see if the error is gone. Then you know the error comes from that extension.

The Cookbook uses content plugins so it might be that sigplus can't handle the Cookbook texts in a compatibla way.

If this is the case, you can use the contact to send me a message (choose the second contact) and I'll try to help you.

Maybee disable the use of content plugins in the Cookbook.

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.263 Sekunden