In this forum you'll find the threads about Gary´s Cookbook 3.0 and above with extensions. English or german possible.
<
>

In diesem Forum geht´s um die Version 3.0 von Gary´s Cookbook oder neuer mit Erweiterungen. Englisch oder deutsch ist möglich.

Category translation

• Mathias
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 7 Monate her #4457 von Mathias
Category translation wurde erstellt von Mathias
Hi,
I'm using Gary´s Cookbook on my website together with Joomfish. I can see all categories for translation and able to translate them but not showing up on frontend. Does anyone have solution for translating categories?

Bitte Anmelden um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
12 Jahre 7 Monate her #4458 von over
over antwortete auf Re: Category translation
Hi Mathias,

no problem known. As you can see it works on this site. Well I just saw that I'm not able to change language on the category page. But that's another thing. The Cookbook component has no influence on JoomFish that works in the background.

Are you sure you set the translations to published? I forget it myself from time to time.

• Mathias
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 7 Monate her #4459 von Mathias
Mathias antwortete auf Re: Category translation
Hi!

Yes, I have set it right but somehow it doesn't want to translate. Everything else is translated. Maybe I'm going to try some google translate systems instead since the recipes do not translate anyway.

Mehr
12 Jahre 7 Monate her #4460 von over
Hi,
Did you translate any categories for the Joomla articles(content)? It works?
Did you download and install the JoomFish translation file for the Cookbook?
I can't see that any solution for automatic translations would show understandable recipe texts. It's hard enough to manually get it together.

• Mathias
  • Autor
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jahre 7 Monate her #4461 von Mathias
Mathias antwortete auf Re: Category translation
Hi!

Yes, since the cookbook categories ended up with the rest of the categories in joomla somehow. Yes, I do have the joomfish translation but that does not help me with the categories I put in myself.
Yes, its quite hard to get the recipes show properly in other languages but maybe the best one at the moment because I thought only have Swedish and English language, but want to add many more to reach a broader audience. I don't have anyone helping me translate the other languages.
I would maybe have gone with English and Swedish but since I god stuck so many times I thought to just use google translate system. If there is an solution for translating the categories I would be happy to give it a try.

Mehr
12 Jahre 7 Monate her #4462 von over
So the JoomFish translation of recipes work?

Didn't you use the Cookbook Backend to add the categories? It seems to me you added them to the article categories?

Do you have categories and recipes in the frontend in the default language?

Are you new to JoomFish?

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.255 Sekunden